Schools Of Choice
The Collaborative Schools of Choice Program is a plan that offers parents and students a choice to attend other public schools in the Muskegon Area Intermediate School District outside their district of residence.
- Applications for School of Choice are offered each Spring for the following school year during what is called and "open enrollment" period. Open enrollment runs May 1 thru May 30. A link for an electronic application is "live" during the open enrollment period. If you would rather fill out a paper application contact Michelle Pulver at 231-893-1010.
- Parents will be notified of acceptance or denial no later than July 1.
- There is no guarantee that space will be available in the building selected.
What Happens If I Want to Enroll After the Deadline?
Once the Spring window has closed for open enrollment, there still may be openings available via a release from your resident district. The process for enrolling via a release is:
- Contact your resident district's Superintendent's office to request a district release for your child.
- Have the release sent to Whitehall's Superintendent office.
- Once received, administrator's will review the release and let you know if your child will be accepted.
For further information you may contact Administrative Assistant, Michelle Pulver at (231) 893-1010.
Transportation in not provided for students residing outside of the Whitehall School District. Parents are expected to transport their student to and from school. If you would like to inquire about the Whitehall District School bus stop closest to your home, contact our bus garage at 231-893-1060.