Schools Of Choice
The Collaborative Schools of Choice Program is a plan that offers parents and students a choice to attend other public schools in the Muskegon Area Intermediate School District outside their district of residence. The number of choice students enrolled is determined by the space available in the receiving district. If application requests exceed space available, a random draw is used.
1. School of Choice applications may be requested at the resident or choice district's business office beginning the first of week of April for the following school year.
2. Completed applications must be returned to the business office by the Friday before Memorial Day.
3. Parents will be notified of acceptance or denial no later than July 1.
4. There is no guarantee that space will be available in the building selected.
To obtain forms or if you have questions, please contact Michelle Pulver in the Superintendent's office at 231-893-1005. Thank you.
Once the Open School of Choice Window Has Closed
There still may be openings available via a release from your resident district. The process for enrolling via a release is:
- Contact the Principal of the building you wish to enroll your child, and the Principal will let you know if space is available.
- If space is available, contact your resident district for a release.
- Once the release has been received by MAPS, the Principal will check on your student's discipline history, and will let you know if we are able to accept your child.