Schools Of Choice
The Collaborative Schools of Choice Program is a plan that offers parents and students a choice to attend other public schools in the Muskegon Area Intermediate School District outside their district of residence.
- Applications for School of Choice are offered each Spring for the following school year during what is called and "open enrollment" period. This period runs from the second of week April to the Friday before Memorial Day. A link for an electronic application is "live" during the open enrollment period. If you would rather fill out a paper application contact Michelle Pulver at 231-893-1010.
- Parents will be notified of acceptance or denial no later than July 1.
- There is no guarantee that space will be available in the building selected.
What Happens If I Want to Enroll After the Deadline?
Once the Spring window has closed for open enrollment, there still may be openings available via a release from your resident district. The process for enrolling via a release is:
- Contact your resident district's Superintendent's office to request a district release for your child.
- Have the release sent to Whitehall's Superintendent office.
- Once received, administrator's will review the release and let you know if your child will be accepted.
For further information you may contact Administrative Assistant, Michelle Pulver at (231) 893-1010.
Transportation in not provided for students residing outside of the Whitehall School District. Parents are expected to transport their student to and from school. If you would like to inquire about the Whitehall District School bus stop closest to your home, contact our bus garage at 231-893-1060.
Schools of Choice information for the 2019-20 school year:
Parents may fill out a Schools of Choice request for each student who will be applying at:
bit.ly/socapp2019-20. This link is active during the open enrollment period, which runs from April 8, 2019 thru May 24, 2019.
If you are unable to fill out the online application, please contact Michelle Pulver at 231-893-1010 or email@example.com to have an application mailed to you. The completed application must be returned to the Business Office no later than Friday, May 24, 2019.
Transportation is not provided for students residing outside of the Whitehall School District. Parents are expected to transport students to and from school on-time. If you would like to inquire about the Whitehall School District bus stop closest to your home, please contact the bus garage at 231-893-1060.
Parents will be notified of acceptance no later than July 1, 2019.
For more information, you may contact Michelle Pulver at 231-893-1010 or firstname.lastname@example.org.