Whitehall District Schools
Schools of Choice Program
The Collaborative Schools of Choice Program is a plan that offers parents and students a choice to attend other public schools in the Muskegon Area Intermediate School District outside their district of residence.
The number of choice students enrolled is determined by the space available in the receiving district. If application requests exceed space available, a random draw will be used.
Application Procedures for the Schools of Choice Program are as follows:
- Applications for transfer may be requested at the resident or choice district's central office beginning in April for the following school year.
- The completed form must be returned to the choice district by the Friday before Memorial Day.
- There is no guarantee that space will be available in the building selected.
- Parents will be notified of acceptance by the choice district by the 1st Monday in June.
- Parents will notify both the choice district and the resident district of their decision to enroll in the choice district by the 2nd Monday in June.
Questions on School of Choice or to obtain forms, contact:
541 E. Slocum Street
Whitehall, MI 49461